Saturday, March 28, 2009

Review: Antique Bakery

I always pick up the most random series in the amidst of finals and such, and Antique Bakery was just one of those series, I guess. It was short and available, so I watched it. Now here is the finished review. I think it's going to be one of those very forgetful sort of series; honestly, it didn't leave much of an impression on me at all except that I think the Japanese pronunciation of "cake" is kind of hilarious. I'm also ever impressed with Mamoru Miyano's voice acting abilities. And lastly, screw what anyone else says, Antique Bakery isn't actually a shounen-ai series.

This is my first review on MAL since its review overhaul though, and I must say, I really, really miss that BBCode. I am still using my old review template, so I still wrote the review containing BBCode assuming that it would just be stripped out when I actually posted. Instead, MAL posts the review, code and all, forcing me to manually weed out what I'd put in. This made me realize just how much I do actually use italics to emphasize certain words so they're easier to read mentally.

I also still hate how jumbled the review looks without bolding to announce each subsection. I suppose I should just swap to "traditional" reviewing and write everything in that cohesive essay format, but I don't want to. :|

3 comments:

Owen S said...

I suppose I should just swap to "traditional" reviewing and write everything in that cohesive essay format, but I don't want to. :|

Resistance is futile. You have no chance, make your time.

usagijen said...

the most vivid memory I have of Antique Bakery are the cakes. Despite being forgettable though, I think the "rain scene" left quite an impression on me, and will probably stay in my mind for a couple more years lol.

Tammi said...

I actually read the manga and it was... eh. But the whole "I can get any man I want! ...except you D: /♥" part was awesome. And tall bodyguard-type character who is ALWAYS bumping into things? Humorous, but... eh. Slightly done before.

I don't even remember their names. :{ Oh well, 's cool, 's cool.

Young guy was so badass it was awesome. When the girls came in and were all "he slept we me and you and you..." it was like "Oh, look how far you need to go for a bit of respectability! :K "

It made baking seem very, very interesting, I will give it that.

But... eh. XD 'S cool, I've gone cold turkey on anime and manga, so at least I have my memories! (lolwut).

It was just... very silly. The overdramatized kidnapping, the weird tortured backstory... buhhh, do not want.

- Tammi